It’s the day after Christmas, the fag end of December, another year has gone by. I’m in my hometown this Christmas. Christmas celebrations in this pretty little hill station, known for its tall Pines, colorful orchids, rock music and football among many others, is one of the best in India. I will write more about that later.
Sitting in the balcony and soaking in the warm winter sun is a pleasure that I haven’t had in a very long time. The warm winter sun brings in cherishing childhood memories making it all the more comforting. I’ve come a long way since then and all those memories seem from a past life. As my mind travels back to the present, fleeting moments of the year 2017 passes by, many of which I will cherish for the rest of my life. It’s indeed been a very happening year and I am filled with gratitude.
Here’s a quick flashback of the top 10 highlights:
- Started my own blog and quite impulsively so, never thought I would enjoy writing so much. I was helping a friend create a blog but landed up creating my own. Started mid-year and this is my 19th post. I was writing for myself, didn’t expect others to read them but was humbled to see people reading my posts. Besides, there are 5 people, who eagerly wait to read my posts and they sure do motivate me.
- Experienced life in three remote Himalayan villages that has impacted me in ways more than one.
- Traveled to China for the first time as I experienced life in Shanghai for a day.
- Trekked to Kudremukha hill and experienced the lush green Western Ghats, where I also encountered leeches for the first time.
- Experienced being hospitalized for the first time when I almost lost my life to Anaphylactic Shock.
- Reconnected with several of my old friends with whom I had lost touch for the past few years and it was like as though there was no gap at all. At the same time, moved away from few others whom I thought to be life-time friends.
- Stayed in a haunted hotel and had a brush with the paranormal.
- Spent my birthday in the Himalayas once again.
- Experienced the vast expanse of desert Himalayas as I traveled to the enchanting Spiti Valley.
- A very important life event, which I do not wish to disclose now and will fill in later.